I find toast plain and dry, so do not usually consider it for my breakfast. But I saw an interesting idea which actually make a piece a toast more interesting. You make think the toast in the photo is a normal piece of toast but actually in the middle I cut a circle open and added an egg to it.
It goes well with fresh tomatoes and ham. Having a half cooked egg in the toast and the fresh tomatoes did not feel my breakfast was too dry. So I give it a thumb up.
Egg Toast (1 portion)
- Egg – 1 whole
- Bread – 1 slice
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – to taste
- Butter – to taste
- Parsley Flakes – to taste
- Ham – 1 slice (cut in to triangle)
- Fresh Tomatoes – 1 whole (cut in to slices)
- Prepare a plate with sliced tomatoes and ham.
- Toast the bread till crispy. Then using a cup cut the middle of the toast out (I used a round cookie cutter).
- Heat a pan and add butter (middle heat).
- Then add the toasted bread and break an egg in to the middle of the toast which now has a hole (in step 2).
- Sprinkle black pepper and salt over it.
- Fry till half-cooked and flip it over to cook the other side.
- Ready to add to the prepared plate (in step 1). Finally sprinkle parsley flakes.