I love to wake up not having to think that I need to rush to get ready to work. But instead get up and go to the kitchen to cook a warm and simple breakfast.
Poached Egg & Frankfurter Breakfast
- 1 egg
- 2 frankfurters
A) Poached Egg
- In a saucepan add some water then add a little of oil and some salt. Bring the water to the boil.
- Once the water has come to a boil, turn the heat down to a very gentle flame.
- Gently break an egg in to the water (or break the egg in to a cup first. Then gently lower and pour the egg in to the water).
- Leave it to cook in the water, while still over the gentle flame.
- The cooking time of the egg will depend how you like your egg yolk. If you prefer the egg yolk to be cook then you will need to leave it longer to cook. But if you still want a runny yolk you only need to cook it for 1-2 minutes.
Just follow the instruction of the package. I am using Herta Frankfurter which are available in many UK major supermarket, which can be use in variety ways.
- In a saucepan add some water and bring the water to boil.
- Add the Frankfurter and cook for a few minutes (according to the package).
Place the cooked poached egg and the frankfurters on a plate. Then you can have it on it own or serve it with some tomato ketchup.