I have enjoyed doing lots of baking in 2009 and one of my Christmas gifts to friends was Cranberries cookies.
They are easy to make and tasty butter cookies.
You can experiment with these cookies, becasue if you do not like cranberries then you leave them out or add other replacement such as white chocolate or nuts. You could try to make green tea cookies or even chocolate cookies.
- 120g Unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
- 60g Icing sugar (sifted)
- Salt (a little…less than a teaspoon was enough for me)
- 2 egg yolk
- 180g Self raising flour (sifted)
- 50g Dried cranberries
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celsius.
- Weight all the ingredients and chopped the dried cranberries in to dice.
- Whisk butter till soften. Add salt, icing sugar by 3 parts and mix till light yellow.
- Add in the egg yolk one and a time, mixing in to the mixture well.
- Add the flour to the mixture in 3 parts and mix well with a spatula.
- Add in the chopped dried cranberries and mix well in to the dough.
- Shape the dough in to a round or square tube. Then wrapped in to a cling film and freeze in the fridge until harden.
- Once the dough has harden, cut it in to pieces and place on to a baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Once baked, leave to cool on a cooling rack.