- 3 pieces of sliced unsalted butter
- 1 cup casting sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tap vanilla extract
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 apples
- Baking powder
- Preheat oven at 200 degree.
- Using an electric whisk cream the butter until pale before adding in the sugar and beating until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time until well combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add the sifted mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk in two parts.
- Fold in the chopped apple.
- Scoop into a cupcake lined cake tin or in to cupcake cases. Then sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes if making cupcakes or 40-50 minutes for a cake (time will vary each oven and size of your cake).
The above is my version which I have half the ingredients that was in the original recipe which makes approx two 6 inch cakes. The original recipe made 36 cupcakes or two 9 inch cakes.